A Hurricane Warning/Watch has been issued and determined that a hurricane strike is imminent.
– RUN A FINAL, FULL LOCAL BACKUP ROUTINE ON ALL SERVERS AND DATA
DEV8 has confirmed that your backup data is secure and will be recoverable if needed prior to a shutdown of core equipment.
– RUN A FINAL, FULL OFFSITE BACKUP ROUTINE ON CRITICAL DATA
This will be done starting at 5PM EST 10/4/2016.
– CONFIRM THAT BUSINESS CONTINUITY AND OFFSITE REPLICATION ARE 100% FUNCTIONAL AND OPERATING AS EXPECTED
This has been tested throughout the day today and all tests have passed.
– TAKE BEFORE PICTURES OF YOUR EQUIPMENT IN WORKING CONDITION SO YOU CAN REFERENCE IT AFTER STORM HAS PASSED FOR INSURANCE REASONS
DEV8 does keep pictures of your server room on file but it never hurts to have the onsite administrator snap some new pictures of the server room just so there is a up to date copy on hand.
– INITIATE DISASTER PREPARATION PROCEDURES FOR NON-CORE EQUIPMENT INCLUDING WORKSTATIONS, MONITORS, PHONES, BATTERY BACKUPS, PRINTERS AND COPIERS
If possible, unplug all electrical devices from the wall to avoid power surges. If your devices are plugged into a backup battery unplug the battery only (shut the computer attached to them down first), if it beeps just press the power button on the battery for about 2-5 seconds and it will shut off.
We should be in the clear by Saturday evening. We will be monitoring all clients network connections. If your network connection at your office goes down this is normal, there is a very good chance this will happen. Your email services will continue to function as usual during this time provided your cell phones/tablets and computers offsite have internet access. All email and backups are stored in our offsite secure data-center.